Continuous casting, also called strand casting, is the process whereby molten metal is solidified into a "semifinished" billet, bloom, or slab for subsequent rolling in the finishing mills.
Reasons to use graphite for continuous moulds:
- Graphite is a self-lubricating "solid lubricant" which creates low friction between the mould surface and the solidifying metal; ensuring smooth extraction of the casting without cracks.
- Graphite is easily machined and complicated shapes can be created for the perfect mould.
- The high thermal conductivity of graphite makes for increased extraction speed of castings (with a faster heating-cooling cycle).
- Graphite has a high mechanical strength that increases with temperature.
- Graphite has a high thermal shock resistance which allows it to withstand sharp changes in temperature; reducing the likelihood of cracking and deforming.
As for the horizontal and vertical casting process we offer isostatic, molded, vibration-molded and extruded graphites and produce the following products:
- Cooling plates
- Casting moulds
- Semi-finished products (round / rectangular material)
Further improvements in the service-life and speed of casting can be reached through a pyrolytic carbon coating and/or purified grades.
XRD graphite serve customers from the smaller custom melt shops up to large commodity casters. We can manufacture your parts according to your drawings or rough sketch.We will do our best to serve the noble metals, ferrous and non-ferrous molten metals industries.
Here is physical and chemical index of graphite material：http://www.graphitemachining.cn/materials